Preserving Free Flight since 1920
The Aero Club was formed in 1920 and was the established National Controlling Body for Aviation. At the end of the war in 1945 the Aero Club set about the re-establishment of clubs throughout South Africa. Initially the Aero Club represented only power flying but as other branches of aviation developed new sections were formed.
In the 1980’s the sections of Aero Club were constituted as in dependent organisations all affiliated to Aero Club and subscribing to the aims objectives of Aero Club in their particular branch of aviation.